Having written a book on how to find a husband following God’s will, I thought I might write a sequel called How to be a good wife following God’s will. I started outlining and doing a little research and discovered two things: 1) there are lots of good books on the subject, 2) I am too new at being a wife to give others advice. I will share a few things I’ve learned and that I would pass on to even newer wives than me:
1) Don’t sweat the small stuff – if you are in it for the long haul, as you should be, do many of the teeny irritations really matter. Speak up on big things but please ladies, choose your battles.
2) Be kind: remember that you love this guy. That you are his friend. Show him that you care.
3) Listen more than you talk. Gee, I should really take my advice.
4) Try to be supportive: ask yourself, what does he need most from me, and try to give it to him.
5) Do what you can to make yourself fulfilled and happy and you will be a happier and more fulfilling wife.
6) Pray for your husband: never underestimate the power of prayer. When you pray for your husband you bring graces to him, and it also softens you and makes you love him more.