I made heart hats for my nieces. This idea was inspired by these adorable heart socks from Erica at Caught on a Whim. Check out her fantastic blog at Caught on a Whim. She’s got so many great things there.
I set out to make the socks but couldn’t find any good socks! So I made hats instead. I bought simple hats, 1 piece of red felt. I already had embroidery thread. I had only planned to sew the hearts on but once I was done, decided to add initials. They were very easy and fun! Thanks for the inspiration Erica.
- A Tale of Two Hats (beautythatmoves.typepad.com)
As we don’t have a fireplace, we don’t really have a mantel. So I created one using our server in the dining room. Lately I’ve taken a fancy to decorating for the holidays. I don’t do every one (no Mardi Gras, for example) but I will do most of the biggies.
1. Subway art is my favorite thing. It’s easy and I keep subway art for each holiday right in the frame and just switch them out.
2. Holiday candy is fun and easy. I just display in clear jars.
3. Instead of buying things, I just walk around and pull out things that fit the color scheme.
4. Banners; there are lots of free printable banners I make out of paper and ribbon.
Happy holidays! All of them
I have a box full of old black and white photographs of family. They go back in time to my grandmother as a girl (early 1900s) to as recent as me as a baby (1964). I plan to make a photo book with the best pictures and share names and things I remember about the family members. I plan to make one book for me and a copy each for my brother and sister for Christmas.
First I chose the pictures I wanted in the book. The next step is scanning the pictures. That is not my favorite step but it is highly important.
Next I will upload to Shutterfly, choose a book format, and arrange in a book.
I am excited about the project because it involves craft, history and family.
I made a book for my husband for Valentine’s Day. Luckily he doesn’t read this blog.
I started out with this idea I found on Pinterest.
I decided to make it in a photo book format even though I wasn’t going to use many photos. I made one on Shutterfly. If you’d like to see it, please do!
I am jumping back into crafting with two (big) feet! I have always loved crafts and can’t wait to start.
First up, making sparkle pine cones. Silver ones.
I LOVE CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Too Many Pine cones In Your Yard? Make a DIY Pine Cone Wreath! (lilsuburbanhomestead.wordpress.com)
- Homemade Christmas decorations (sweetmabelblog.wordpress.com)
- how to make glittery pine cones (meyer-imports.typepad.com)
- Glittery pine cones (greenmumsblog.wordpress.com)
- 3 ways to turn pine cones into sparkly decor (mnn.com)
- Autumn nature inspired art & craft ideas (ecokidsart.wordpress.com)