Struggling with your weight can get a bit heavy at times, no pun intended. I don’t want to be too serious with myself about any of my struggles. God just wants us to try our best. That’s all I can do. And laugh.
Now that Christmas is over, it’s all about Valentine’s Day in the grocery store and on Pinterest. I think I will bake these for my husband and give them to him in a red cardboard box. They are called Boyfriend Brownies and they are:
1 scoop brownie batter + 1 scoop chocolate chip cookie dough.
My husband is my husband not my boyfriend. But he’s my boyfriend too. This reminds me of a joke my husband tells:
“Do you have a girlfriend?”
“No, my wife won’t let me.”
On your birthday, I thank God for you. I know you were meant to be my sister-in-law and friend. Thank you for your letters, your calls, your laugh. Thanks for your sweetness and your fierceness. Thanks for being wife of my brother and mother of my nephew. And aunt of my son.
Enjoy your day. I love you!
My bestie and I are supposed to have coffee tomorrow. I usually try to be good and refrain from sugary drinks.
“I might have a sweet drink tomorrow if I’m good.” I said.
She said, “Please be good.”
I replied, “I will try but you never know. Things happen.”
- Hand in the cookie jar (berries.com)
Sweetness and the lightest and meltiest of cake
as if your grains were beaten by a million rocks
smooth and silky on my tongue
your cream filling so soft and whipped
my mouth doesn’t know where cake begins and filling ends
a perfect taste
not too sweet
it has been years since I have eaten you
you were too artificial, too indestructible for my organic and healthy tastes
but upon learning that you would exist no more
I had another and expected not to like you much
I was wrong
Last night I had a delicious dinner in Memphis, Tennessee at a Thai restaurant called Bangkok Alley. I ate a green curry shrimp dish with red pepper, yellow squash, zucchini, and peas. It was served with brown rice. It was very light and fresh and healthy. It was early so the restaurant wasn’t very crowded. It was peaceful.
I called my husband and told him I was having dinner at a nice Thai restaurant.
He said, “Did you have to wear a tie?”
- Going out for Thai? Bring a box of Kleenex (minnesotatransplant.wordpress.com)
My pancakes are not the best. I find them tough, and well, flat. I’ve done some research and here are some tips for fluffy pancakes which I plan to try. I guess I need to try one at a time to be scientific and to figure out what really works! I will let you know. Here are the tips:
- Separate the yolk from the white. Beat the whites and fold them in at the end.
- Measure ingredients carefully.
- Do not over beat!
- Use less milk for fluffier pancakes (more for denser).
- Substitute club soda for liquid ingredients.
- Go to IHOP.
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes!!! (eatpraydance.com)
- The Restaurant Secret to Making the World’s Fluffiest Pancakes (thekitchn.com)
- Cottage Cheese Pancakes (kamafitness.ca)
- Cognac Pancakes with Orange and Banana (iamdelicious.typepad.com)
- Pumpkin Pancakes (icanhascook.com)
- So Long Sandy // Grape Nuts Pancakes (lifesabowl.com)
- Fluffy Apple Cider Pancakes (hummusapien.com)
- Pancake Fridays: Peanut Butter Carrot Pancakes (panprinandproprin.wordpress.com)
- Make Fluffier, Souffle-Like Pancakes [Food Hacks] (lifehacker.com)
- Recipe Makeover: Higher-Fiber, Lower-Fat Fluffy Pancakes (news.health.com)
I celebrated my birthday over the weekend. It was a very small gathering. I had a Hello Kitty theme. Yes, I am 49 years old. Call me forever young and quirky but I like Hello Kitty and that’s what I wanted.
It was the best cake I’ve ever baked and I owe it all to the recipe! Yum. I think everyone liked it. I had a few friends at the party.
My husband and I were there, of course.
And my poor Mother who was horrified that I was 49 having a Hello Kitty party! LOL
We tried to light 49 candles but it took too long and we gave up less than halfway through.
It was a great party, and exactly what I wanted!
- Piece of Cake: Why Cakes are a Favorite Birthday Treat (berries.com)
- Hello Kitty Cake for my sweet Baby’s BD (tartinemaple.com)