I usually bake something during the holidays. My family likes peanut butter cookies with the Hershey kiss in the middle, also called Peanut Blossoms or Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies. I also like to make Magic Cookie Bars. My grandmother always made those. They have coconut, nuts, sweetened condensed milk and chocolate. So yummy. And of course, I like to bake basic Christmas sugar cookies in festive shapes like stars, and reindeer with colored sugar sprinkles.
My new idea this year is to bake a favorite for each person, wrap it in a decorative tin, and put it under the tree with the other gifts.
Of course, I will have to keep my baking secret which may be hard. I plan to do this for my husband, son and Mom. For my husband I will make chocolate pecan bars. They are a take on pecan pie. My husband loves pecan pie. For my son I am making pretzel M&M blondies. Pretzel M&Ms are his favorite. For my Mom I will make toffee. This should be fun. I hope it all comes out ok!
- Baking a Difference (bittersweetblog.wordpress.com)
- Amazing, Easy Cracker Toffee (blessedrootsblog.wordpress.com)
- Ready, set – dough: 12 cookie recipes to sweeten your holidays (theglobeandmail.com)
- Toffee recipe (alexandrabengtssonsblog.wordpress.com)
- Cookies That Make It All Better (tammyhead.wordpress.com)
- A Blondie for Carmen (bewitchingkitchen.com)
- Christmas cookies. (lovinglifethismorning.wordpress.com)
- Holiday Baking (thoughtsalonglifeshighway.com)
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies* (frillyfabulous.com)
- Getting a Head Start on Christmas Baking (jackielopina.wordpress.com)
- Bake a Difference and Be A Good Cookie (1840farm.wordpress.com)
- My Magic Cookie Bar (griffinspen.wordpress.com)
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Kisses (ownchef.wordpress.com)