I am just starting to organize. Actually I started a couple of weeks ago. My goal was to start organizing when my marriage blog ended. It just ended on May 30th so here I go.
I started with our laundry area. It was a huge mess. I cleaned it up and moved a lot of the mess to the next room. 🙂 Here are a few pictures.
This is my laundry sorting system. Pretty basic but it let’s me play basketball with the dirty laundry. It’s also a lot better than the piles all over the floor. Here’s one up close:
We don’t have a new house with those cute laundry areas. Ours is in the basement with concrete walls and pink carpet no less! I tried to make it cuter with posters and labels.
I don’t want to spend
a lot any money on organizing. Of course I do spend some but I don’t want to. I’ve been picking up baskets and crates at yard sales and cutting up old cereal and other boxes. I’ve also found lots of great free labels online. You can too!
Here are a few more pictures of the laundry area. As you can see, the laundry area is also the storage area.
I’m just getting started. It’s pretty fun and satisfying. I can tell that like cooking and cleaning, organizing never ends. But at least it creates a structure from which to work and will hopefully make life a little more ordered and easy. Happy organizing!
- Tips to Maximize Your Laundry Trips (apartmentguide.com)
- MyMove™ – Laundry Room Organization (mymove.com)
- Yes! Your Laundry-Room Makeover (timesunion.com)
- How To Clean Your Laundry Room In Less Than 5 Minutes (thegirlinyogapants.com)
- Organic Laundry Detergent (thelittlegreenplaypen.wordpress.com)
- I love my laundry (itswhatiminto.com)
- Going Green 2: Laundry (oneearthtolive.wordpress.com)
- Laundry Room Organization (todaysmama.com)
- Labeled Laundry Bins (thehappyhousewife.com)