I have been using Livestrong for about 3 weeks now. It is a health site affiliated with Lance Armstrong.
What you do: put in your height, weight, activity level and it tells you how many calories you should have. You enter your food on “My Plate” and it is preloaded with lots of foods with numbers of calories (or you can enter the calories yourself.) It also shows you your ratio of fats, carbs and proteins.There is also a weight tracking area where you put in your weight each day. It asks you whether you want to gain, maintain or lose. The site also provides you with little badges for tracking calories, exercising, and weight loss. There’s a food diary and other apps. There is also a “My Plate” for people with diabetes called “My Plate D.”
The best part is that it’s free. You can pay for extra apps but the free one is fine for me.
What I love about Livestrong: It is helping me understand portion control. It keeps me accountable. It encourages me to be aware of and track what I’m eating.
So far I’ve lost 9 pounds!
- WEIGHT LOSS UPDATE: Reader Michael Wallace writes: I have been trying to lose about 20 pounds th… (pjmedia.com)
- Livestrong Article – 6 steps (thirtypoundsinthreemonths.wordpress.com)
- Chronic Stress and Weight Gain (losingthatpregnancyweight.wordpress.com)
- 8 Healthy Habits for Weight Loss (everydayhealth.com)
- Weight Loss Tips: Losing Weight Naturally and Safely (inquisitr.com)
- 3 Calorie-Counting Rules for Weight Loss (everydayhealth.com)
- The Awkward Elements Of Having A Livestrong Account (thoughtcatalog.com)