I love Halloween. I always have. Being a Christian, I have run into many Christians who think celebrating Halloween is inherently evil. I disagree. For me Halloween is about candy, fun, dressing up, neighborhoods, community, and children. I have fond memories of going trick-or-treating with my brother. I also have sweet memories of taking my son out on Halloween night. I still dress up to give out candy. Last year I donned an orange and black apron and a witch’s hat. This year I’ll wear an orange shirt with Trick or Treat across the front. Am I witch or do I encourage witchcraft? No. To me, it is just dressing up and having fun. Like being in a play. I love handing out candy to the little ones (and some big ones) in the neighborhood. It can be good, clean fun.
We may be Christians but I believe we should choose our battles and lighten up a little.
I am a Christian and I approve this message.
- Create a frightfully fun environment for trick or treaters this Halloween (personalcreations.com)
- Do you celebrate Halloween? (eslschoolforenglish.wordpress.com)
- 15 Halloween Fun Facts (oddandstrange.blogspot.com)
- 10 Fun Halloween Facts (tinyprints.com)
- Halloween on a shoestring (personal) (everything2.com)
- Celebrate Halloween! (writingreadingandlife.wordpress.com)