I have struggled with my weight throughout my life. In a word: yo-yo. I can lose weight but I gain it back. I’ve tried all kinds of diets, starting with the crazy diets I tried in my teens like the grapefruit diet and the lollipop diet. Yes, you guess it – all you eat is lollipops. Healthy, huh?
I’ve been vegan, vegetarian, tried Paleo, counting calories, Atkins, and SlimFast. I haven’t tried everything but I’ve done a serious sample. What works for me and what I keep returning to is Weight Watchers. Why do I leave it? Because it keeps me accountable, makes me exercise control and doesn’t allow me to eat whatever I want all day long. That’s why I like it. And that’s why I hate it.
I realize that I may just have to do Weight Watchers for the rest of my life if I want to keep my weight down. Is that such a bad thing? No! When I’m on it I feel calmer, eat better and I am in control. So, here goes…
- Why I Joined Weight Watchers (skinnyandstrong.wordpress.com)
- Diets vs Weight Management Programs (skinnyandstrong.wordpress.com)
- bslim – A WeightWatchers Points Diary (themactrack.com)
- One Size Does Not Fit All (skinnyandstrong.wordpress.com)
- New Beginnings, Smiles, Hammocks (amyfurq.wordpress.com)