I love this recipe because it’s yummy and it’s also Weight Watchers. Only 6 points per serving. It’s also on the Simply Filling/Core plan.
First chop up all the veggies.
Put them in the pot.
Add the ground beef. I used the thick grind for chili.
Now let the meat brown.
Add your spices.
Stir it up and let it cook.
Next add the diced tomatoes and beans. I used pintos.
Stir it up and let it simmer for 20 minutes with the lid partially off.
Beef and Bean Chili (adapted from Weight Watchers just a bit)
Makes 4 servings
4 t olive oil
2 onions, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/5 lb lean ground beef
1 T chili powder
2 t cumin
1 t dried oregano
1/2 t coriander
1 (14 1/2 oz.) can diced tomatoes
1 (16 oz.) can pinto or red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
salt and pepper to your liking
1. In large Dutch oven, heat the oil. Saute chopped veggies until onions are translucent, about 15 minutes. Add beef and cook, breaking apart with wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes. Stir in chili powder, cumin, oregano, and coriander; cook stirring, 1 minute.
2. Add tomatoes, beans, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, until flavors blended, about 20 minutes.
Serve topped with chopped red onion, cilantro, sour cream or shredded cheese. Great with cornbread.
- Chili Day. (rachellapchak.wordpress.com)
- Vegetarian Chili: 3 Ways (abeautifulmess.com)
- Vegetarian Chili Keeps the Tummy Warm and Happy (504main.com)
- Recipe: Turkey Chili (tanksinthekitchen.wordpress.com)
- Beef, Bean & Chipotle Chili with Cheesy Baked Polenta (afternoonpopcornsnack.com)
- Slow Cooked Little Big Chili (noshmyway.com)
- Campfire Chili with Whole Wheat Mountain Bread (katienormalgirl.com)
- Chili (organizemeorganizeyou2.wordpress.com)
- Recipe: Slow Cooked Chili (xxiamkristinxx.wordpress.com)
- Quinoa and Roasted Peppers Chili (acedarspoon.com)