I made heart hats for my nieces. This idea was inspired by these adorable heart socks from Erica at Caught on a Whim. Check out her fantastic blog at Caught on a Whim. She’s got so many great things there.
I set out to make the socks but couldn’t find any good socks! So I made hats instead. I bought simple hats, 1 piece of red felt. I already had embroidery thread. I had only planned to sew the hearts on but once I was done, decided to add initials. They were very easy and fun! Thanks for the inspiration Erica. 🙂
- A Tale of Two Hats (beautythatmoves.typepad.com)
As we don’t have a fireplace, we don’t really have a mantel. So I created one using our server in the dining room. Lately I’ve taken a fancy to decorating for the holidays. I don’t do every one (no Mardi Gras, for example) but I will do most of the biggies.
1. Subway art is my favorite thing. It’s easy and I keep subway art for each holiday right in the frame and just switch them out.
2. Holiday candy is fun and easy. I just display in clear jars.
3. Instead of buying things, I just walk around and pull out things that fit the color scheme.
4. Banners; there are lots of free printable banners I make out of paper and ribbon.
Happy holidays! All of them 🙂