Struggling with your weight can get a bit heavy at times, no pun intended. I don’t want to be too serious with myself about any of my struggles. God just wants us to try our best. That’s all I can do. And laugh. :)
I have struggled with my weight throughout my life. In a word: yo-yo. I can lose weight but I gain it back. I’ve tried all kinds of diets, starting with the crazy diets I tried in my teens like the grapefruit diet and the lollipop diet. Yes, you guess it – all you eat is lollipops. Healthy, huh?
I’ve been vegan, vegetarian, tried Paleo, counting calories, Atkins, and SlimFast. I haven’t tried everything but I’ve done a serious sample. What works for me and what I keep returning to is Weight Watchers. Why do I leave it? Because it keeps me accountable, makes me exercise control and doesn’t allow me to eat whatever I want all day long. That’s why I like it. And that’s why I hate it.
I realize that I may just have to do Weight Watchers for the rest of my life if I want to keep my weight down. Is that such a bad thing? No! When I’m on it I feel calmer, eat better and I am in control. So, here goes…
What a great idea! I’m going to make some! A bunch for the fridge and a bunch for the pantry. OK, not too many bunches! :)
I have been counting calories lately to get a handle on how much I’m eating and how much I should be eating. I eat healthy generally but I’ve been eating too much. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing! Enjoy!
- Don’t eat like a pig.
- Don’t have that second piece of cake.
- Perhaps half a jar of chocolate peanut butter is not the best snack.
- How many of those potato chips are you going to eat?
- Exercising once a month is not enough.
- What do you mean I can’t eat the entire pan of brownies?
- No desserts after every meal.
- Peanut butter brownies (visualafflatus.wordpress.com)
- Peanut Butter Candy Cakes (thesmartcookiecook.com)
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Pretzel Sandwiches with #Snyders (betterinbulk.net)
- Banana Cake With Peanut Butter Frosting (justrestingup.wordpress.com)
- Oreo and Peanut Butter Brownies (peppermintandlemongrass.wordpress.com)
- 10 Peanut Butter Treats (makingtimeformommy.com)
- Sweet & Simple: Fluffernutter Nilla Wafer Sandwiches (thesmartcookiecook.com)
- Belly Up to the Oatmeal Bar (mapetitemaisonverte.com)